Local Tourism Interests
Food, Drinks & Fuel
- Eudunda Bakery
- Eudunda Roadhouse
- Eudunda Hotel/Motel (currently unavailable)
- Foodland Eudunda (Open 7 days)
- Eudunda General Store & Newsagency (inc refreshments)
- Kooky’s Kafe and Katering
- Good Karma Cafe
- Light Hotel
- Sskids Tyres and Mechanical – 24hr Fuel (no Gas)
Places to Stay in Eudunda
Local Tourism Operators
- Terrys Infused Cultural Experience – Cultural tourism in the Mid North
Local Tourism Information
You can find brochures & information at these locations
- Burra & Districts Visitor Information Centre
- Eudunda Heritage Gallery (limited hours see website)
- Eudunda Visitor Information Service
- Kapunda Visitor Information Centre
- Robertstown War Memorial Community Centre (limited hours see website)
Things to do in Eudunda & Surrounds
- Visit the local shops, especially our Food & Drink places (see list above).
- Pickup a bargain at the local op shops – we have 2 with Eudunda Community Op Shop & Red Cross – check out when they are open.
- Local Trash & Treasure, Produce, Market run by the Eudunda Community Hub & Shed.
- Visit our magnificent award winning gardens. (Centenial Gardens, Memorial Gardens & ‘Kids Scrub’).
- Children will enjoy the ‘Kids Scrub’ which is part of the Eudunda Memorial Gardens
- Visit the Fauna Park – Opposite the Eudunda Area School (off Thiele Highway on way to Morgan).
- Summer time – Visit the Eudunda Swimming Pool – only $2.00 per session to go in (limited to temp being over 28 degrees).
- Local Sport – We have a very active sporting community – if you are looking for something to do – go watch some local sport
Local Drives & Trails
Eudunda is well positioned for you to join in both local and larger regional (and state) trails.
- Colin Thiele Drive – visit the Eudunda Heritage Gallery for a tour
- Cultural Tourism – Fully Guided Tour – Terrys Infused Cultural Experience – Cultural tourism in the Mid North
- Eudunda Town Walk –Top End & Bottom End Tours
- Eudunda Family Heritage Gallery – visit the Gallery to find out about thier many specialized tours around the area
- Lavender Cycling Trail – The Murray to Clare Lavender Cycling Trail (M2C) is a 300 kilometre cycling route inspired by the
Lavender Federation Walking Trail. The M2C follows dirt roads & tracks from Murray Bridge to Clare. Eudunda is a major ‘Trail head’ and there are lots of loop and spur trails to enjoy for shorter experiences.
- Lavender Federation Trail – A 325km walking trail which spans from Murray Bridge in the South to Clare in the North.
The only major walking trail covering the Eastern side of the Mount Lofty Ranges. It has magnificent view and lots to explore.
Eudunda is a major ‘Trail head’ and there are lots of loop and spur trails to enjoy for shorter experiences.
- Neales Flat & Brownlow – Heritage Gallery have a new guided tour – inquire at the Gallery
- Sutherlands – Bower
- Peep Hill
- Point Pass – Ngapala – Julia – Hampden – Tarnma
- Hansborough – Anlaby
One fabulous place to visit is –Anlaby Homestead. It has beautiful gardens and buildings to explore. By appointment.
- ‘The Water Diviner’ – The latest trail is because of a fantastic movie by Russell Crowe called ‘The Water Diviner’. The early scenes of the movie were shot in the Eudunda, Burra & Quorn area of the Mid North of South Australia. Check out our special page if you would like to know more.
All the trails above can be picked up from the Eudunda Heritage Gallery, Bruce Street, Eudunda
Planning to Drive On – Resources
Eudunda is so close to Adelaide, being only 108Km North, yet we are on the ‘Edge of the Outback’. If you are heading North or East there are many parts where there is no or little help, phone coverage and other travellers to help you. BE PREPARED!
- Outback Road Warnings – DPTI (Dept of Infrastructure and Transport)
A handy list of resources to help the traveler.
- Eudunda Toilets–
- Bruce Street – Next to Town Hall
- Gunn St – Centenary Gardens
- Lookout – Cnr Thiele Highway and Gunn St (Worlds End Highway)
- Eudunda Oval – Thiele Highway
- The National Public Toilet Map
Plan your next trip with this in mind. They also have apps to download for your smart phones. Make your trip a planned and comfortable one
Regional Drives & Trails
These tours can be accessed from the Burra Tourism Information Centre & Eudunda Visitor Service.
- Dares Hill Tourist Drive – see exploroz.com for great details
- Heartland Heritage Trail – Page hosted on Burra Visitor Information Centre
- Heysen Trail – www.heysentrail.asn.au/heysen_trail
- Kidman Trail – www.kidmantrail.org.au
- Mawson Trail – http://www.southaustraliantrails.com/trails/mawson-trail/
- Sir Hubert Wilkins Drive (Mt Bryan) – http://www.sirhubert.com
- Worlds End Gorge – Find a page on the Gorge on the Heysen Trail website
- Worlds End Highway – http://www.exploroz.com/Places/44134/SA/Worlds_End.aspx#Location
Mid Murray Meander (in development)
10,000 Steps around the towns.
These pamphlets are bought to you courtesy of the Barossa Health, Barossa Division of General Practice, Goyder Council, Eudunda Primary OHSA and community members.
As the project is no longer running we asked if we could host the documents here so they would be available to everyone.
- map-Eudunda (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Robertstown (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Truro (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Kapunda (PDF 1.7 kb)
- map-Grenock (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Swan_Reach (PDF 1.5 kb)
- map-Angaston (PDF 1.6 kb)
- map-Nuriootpa (PDF 2.1 kb)
- map-Tanunda (PDF 1.4 kb)