Bower is situated in the South Eastern corner of the Regional Council of Goyder in South Australia and to the East of the Regional town of Eudunda and the settlement of Sutherlands. The township is situated on a cross road with the main street being the Thiele Highway (bitumen) and the Bower Boundary Road (gravel) going North-South (this road is the boundary of the Regional Council of Goyder Council & Mid Murray Council).
Bower have a strong community spirit, headed by the ‘Bower Progess Association’ (BPA).
The BPA run events during the year to keep the community spirit and to raise funds for the district.
They have a Free Camp Area for overnight stay.
The Bower area has several cemetries which are interesting to visit.
St Peters Lutheran Church Bower –
Annual Community Ecumenical Church Service At The Church
Usually held in March each Year
The name honours David Bower, a South Australian Member of Parliament (1865 – 1887) who donated land in the state for institutional purposes. By 1916, Bower had become a dispatch centre for mallee timber and roots. These were loaded at the railway station and sent to Adelaide. A school operated in the town between 1917 and 1961.
You might find more information on the Wikipedia – Bower, South Australia page